A SHINING THESAURUS
Gloria turned around and saw something strange at the end of the road. It was a little ball made of glass. A multicolour light was coming from it. It was an unexpected event.
It had a key and as Gloria opened it everything around her became bright as at dawn. A microscopic fairy popped out. - Who are you? - Gloria asked.
- Before answering you, I am going to ask you some questions. How about today? -
- Oh, I was at school and I was quite unhappy. Some of my classmates were jealous of my good marks. When I asked them for some help, they criticized me harshly, even if I had been generous with them before - she answered.
Therefore she went on saying they were unfair in front of the teacher and she felt better. Then she explained: - Actually, when I am upset, if something unjust happens to me or to my friends, I usually show my opinions in public. But even if sometimes it is difficult for me to talk, I often express myself painting, writing my reflections, playing the piano, exploring nature -.
At this point, the misterious, shining creature said:- I am your imagination, I am the only person who can help you when you are hopeless. Trust me, follow me! -.
Gloria was very happy and excited and her heart felt as it were going to explode. She took the little ball, threaded it in a golden chain and decided to wear it forever. Gloria thought that she could not have been luckier in her life finding this thesaurus.

UN TESORO SPLENDENTE
Gloria si voltò e scorse qualcosa di strano al termine della strada. Si trattava di una piccola sfera di vetro da cui proveniva una luce policroma. Era un fatto inaspettato.
Aveva una chiave e non appena Gloria la aprì tutto attorno a lei divenne chiaro come all'alba. Una minuscola fata spuntò fuori. - Chi sei? - domandò Gloria.
- Prima di risponderti, ti farò alcune domande. Com'è andata oggi? -
- Oh, mi trovavo a scuola e mi sentivo piuttosto infelice. Alcuni miei compagni erano gelosi dei miei buoni voti. Al momento in cui ho chiesto loro aiuto, mi hanno criticata aspramente, anche se in precedenza mi ero dimostrata generosa - rispose.
Quindi aveva continuato sostenendo in presenza del professore che erano stati scorretti e si era sentita meglio. Poi spiegò: - In verità, quando sono irritata, se qualcosa di ingiusto accade a me o ai miei amici, sono solita manifestare le mie opinioni pubblicamente. Ma anche se a volte è difficile per me parlare, spesso esprimo quello che provo attraverso la pittura, scrivendo delle riflessioni, suonando il pianoforte, esplorando la natura -.
A questo punto la misteriosa, brillante creatura disse: - Io sono la tua immaginazione, l'unica entità che potrà aiutarti quando ti troverai priva di ogni speranza. Fidati di me, seguimi! -.
Gloria era molto felice ed eccitata e sentiva come se il cuore stesse per esploderle. Afferrò la piccola palla, la legò a una catenina d'oro e si propose di indossarla per sempre. Era convinta che non avrebbe potuto essere più fortunata nella sua vita trovando questo tesoro.